- Oct 14, 2019 · test post
- Aug 11, 2019 · Summer Sizzle 2019
- Mar 13, 2019 · Capitol Region Republican...
- Mar 13, 2019 · Polk County Republicans Elect...
- Mar 13, 2019 · Congratulations to the New...
- Mar 13, 2019 · Republicans Again Pass 2nd...
- Mar 12, 2019 · Ernst Introduces Craddle Act
- Mar 6, 2019 · Bill on public funds for...
DSM Musician & Gov Teams Up to Stop Gun Violence
Thu, July 6, 2017 @ 12:00 am
DES MOINES, Iowa -- A local hip-hop artist has teamed up with Gov. Kim Reynolds and local law enforcement to help curb gun violence.
Thursday morning, Will Keeps was joined by Reynolds and other elected officials for the release of his music video "Droppin".
The video highlights how gun violence impacts the community and the importance of coming forward with information about crimes to police, instead of staying silent so as not to be labeled a “snitch.”
Keeps is urging everyone in the community to come together to curb violence.
"We can't do it by ourselves. And it's just not about the streets either. It's about us getting together and understanding what's going on in the black community, what's going on in the white community, what's going on in the Latino community, what's going on with everybody. We need to understand each other for us to walk together,” Keeps said.
http://whotv.com/2017/07/06/des-moines-musician-teams-up-with-governor-to-stop-gun-violence/ to read the entire story written by staff writer at WHO TV
You can watch Keeps' video below.